Tuesday, October 20, 2015

MAC Burgundy Times Nine Review Tutorial Fall Makeup Plum and Berry -UPDATE

          I've had some time to play around with the MAC Burgundy Times Nine review and I'm quite pleased. If you recall, I bought this palette a few months ago, and I was not a happy camper. I found most of the shadows hard to work with. But sometimes patience and practice is key, especially with eyeshadow blending. I used a lighter hand touch as I was blending this time and it really paid off. Probably one of the best advice I've seen regarding eyeshadow application is to build up thin layers. Don't force the shadow and don't apply one thick layer. Blending will be easier if you work up in increments and you will be able to get the same color payoff. I learned that little tidbit from Chris Scott's Face With A Heart book, a great makeup book for the everyday woman. Here is a really nice fall look I got from this palette.

MAC Burgundy Times Nine 

For this look I used Haux and Star Violet on the lid. Sketch went into the outer corner and was worked in to the entire crease. Embark was used to deepen the v. Poppyseed was used to blend and transition, and Honey Lust brightened the inside of the eyes. I finished it off with Noir to line the upper lashes. Lipstick is Kate Moss for Rimmel London in shade 31.