Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Best Drugstore Lip Products Part 2 Almay Liquid Lip Balm Review and Swatches

          I don't normally like to wear lip glosses, because I find them too sticky and not long lasting. But I adore Almay's Liquid Lip Balm. Almay is one of those semi obscure beauty companies that I get the feeling are on the verge of  going out of business. They don't have a lot of products and with so little advertising they barely make a blimp on the beauty radar. I'm not drawn to any of their other products but I liked the packaging of this gloss and bought one a year ago.


Top: Lilac Love Bottom: Apple a Day
Apple A Day
Lilac Love

          True to their name, the consistency is like a liquid lip balm. They are very hydrating and slick but you don't get any of the stickiness or gloop that is so common with most lip glosses. I only have two colors, Apple a Day and Lilac Love. While Lilac Love does have some shimmer, it doesn't show up on the lips as such, so these give you stain like gloss color, not shimmery type gloss. They are perfect for spring since I am trying to go with a lighter lip for my everyday makeup.
          The packaging is very chic compared to other drugstore lip products. I would say it's my favorite packaging so far. The cap is matte black with a simple ALMAY displayed on the rim. No extra verbiage to visually clutter the look.


Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Lilac Love and Apple a Day

Apple a Day is a true red gloss that is pretty sheer. It is the perfect gloss to wear over red lipliner for a glossy red lip. Lilac Love is a bit more opaque and a comes out less pink on the lips than it looks on the lips.
Do you wear lip gloss? If so, let me know what your favorites are.