Saturday, January 24, 2015

Simple's Micellar Water Review

          Micellar water has been enjoying quite a year on beauty forums and blogs, with it's popularity in the US going up and up. I myself had never tried them, mostly because they were all french brands that I had to order online and I just couldn't be bothered. But you know something has really made it to the American beauty scene when
our own companies start making their versions. And so it has happened with micellar water. About two weeks ago I was at Target and saw that they had Simple's take on Micellar Water. Now, before we get into the review, let's briefly go over what micellar water is. The fashionspot.com has a great article, but basically it's a non oily makeup remover that does not need to be rinsed off. People left and right on the blogosphere have been raving about it.
          Simple's micellar water feels like water, with none of the slick or oily feel of makeup removers. I love to use it in the morning when I don't anything to harsh on my skin. But the selling point of micellar waters is that it removes makeup, and in that respect, it completely misses the mark. It barely works on eye makeup, so there goes the idea that this could be a one stop product. And if I want it to really get rid of foundation I have to give myself a pretty good rubbing, which totally negates the gentleness of the product.
           So if you want to try Simple Micellar water to remove makeup I say keep your money. You'll get a much better job using a double cleanse of oil followed by a foaming cleanser. Currently I use mineral oil followed by Reve De Miel. That being said, I am really liking this product for morning use, especially since I am trying to be more gentle with my skincare. I have combo skin that gets a bit dry and flaky around my nose and on my cheeks, so I try to avoid foaming cleansers in the morning unless I wake up an oily mess. On most days now I apply some Simple Micellar Water to a cotton round and wipe it all over my face. It gets rid of the greasies but it doesn't dry out my skin.




FINAL VERDICT
Makeup Removal........NOOOOOOO!
Morning Cleansing.........YEEEEESSSSSSSS!