Friday, December 5, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation

I am a bit upset with myself right now. I've been looking for a full coverage foundation and had tried the Everlasting from Clarins and loved it. It gave me that airbrushed look but it wasn't obvious. It wore well throughout the day. Even my mom
commented on how nice my skin looked when I was wearing it. But I wanted to try a few other choices before buying a new foundation. I tried MUFE HD Foundation and liked it well enough, but it was definitely not full coverage. The same with Lancome's Teint Idole. On a trip to Sephora I decided to try Tarte's 12 hour foundation and liked that it was a perfect match for my skin tone. I brought a sample home and tried it a few times and was pretty happy with it. It wasn't as nice as the Clarins one, but since I had a $15 coupon from Sephora, Tarte it was. I did my face with it today and lo and behold not even two hours after applying it I noticed that it was caking and showing up in my fine lines and other skin "grooves". It was also accentuating any dry spots. Bummer. And foolishly enough I had opened the full size even though I still had plenty of the sample. I hate to return open makeup items (never done it before) but this is going to have to be my first time.
Here's a pic of me before and after the Tarte foundation. As you can see it gives nice coverage, but I wouldn't say it was full.


Left: Bare face Right: Tarte 12 hour Foundation
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Foundation

Oil Control: C.
Color: B. Light Sand was a good match but the thick formula made it hard to blend completely.
Finish: F. Accentuated lines and caked after just a few hours.