Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Purple Smoke and Peaches and Cream

I got some interesting products in my September Ipsy bag that I had yet to try out and it is October already! Oh no! So I thought I would kill to birds with one stone and feature whatever I could come up with on my blog as well. Here are all the products I used to achieve my look:

Clockwise starting at left corner: NYX Eyebrow Kit in Taupe, UD 24/7 Velvet Eyeliner in Black Velvet, UD Lash Perversion Mascara, Wet n Wild Coverall Foundation in Fair/Light, Cailyn Art Touch Gloss in Basic Instinct, Laneige BB Cushion Sponge from sample kit, and Nyx Singles Eyeshadow Dressed to Kill Fashion Victim

I ended up doing a very nice smokey eye with the NYX shadow which is a purplish gray shade. I blended that with a more matte purple shade in one of my ELF geo palettes and added some UD eyeliner and mascara. Now that mascara is some serious stuff. It looks really intimidating when you take out the wand because there is a LOT of product, and I always think it's going to clump, but amazingly, after a few strokes everything evens out and my lashes are to die for. Very dramatic and full of volume without being cumply or spidery looking at all.
As foundation I used the Wet n Wild Coverall. Reviews on this on MUA are mixed, with some people saying it rivals high end stuff, and others saying it is horrible. It applied pretty well and was not too obvious, even though it is more full coverage. It showed up on some of my dry spots, but in all honesty, I was surprised at how well it blended overall. To apply it I used a mini bb cushion sponge that came with a Laneige BB Sample I received from Ipsy a few months ago. Let me tell you, I have used a beauty blender and Shiseido's Perfect Foundation Brush and I keep reaching for this one. I will have to do a review on it because it is quickly becoming my HG foundation applicator.
Finally, I applied Cailyn's Art Touch Lip Gloss in Basic Instict. This is a great gloss as it's more saturated then you would expect. And the color really pops against the purple/gray smokey eyes. What do you all think???