Sunday, August 24, 2014

Smoky Navy Eye with Milani's New Gel Eyeshadow!

I had seen the new Milani gel eyeshadows and the navy one intrigued me. I tend to focus on neutral eyes because anything too heavy makes my eyes disappear. Those really dark and sultry makeup looks you see on Pinterest rarely translate well into real life. You either look like you're ready to go on stage or like someone punched you. I know plenty of women that like the very done up eye look, but it's just not for me. So when I went out and bought the Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Navy I had no idea how I was going to make it work. The shade itself is beautiful, and it has great color pay off. It's a rich navy blue with a bit of shimmer that leans slightly green. I knew that if this was going to work on me I needed to use it sparingly and as an accent. There was no way I was going to slather this on my entire lid.
I first applied a light shimmery pink shade all over my lid as a highlighter. Then I applied a khaki shimmery shade to my lower lid, blending a bit past the crease. I tend took a small crease brush and applied the Bella Navy to my outside corner. I also took an angled eyeliner brush and did a small cat flick with the navy shadow. I went over that with a gray mauve and blended. Tightlined my upper lashes and applied Urban Decay's Perversion Mascara.
Here's the finished look. Since this was my first time playing around with this shadow I didn't use primer or anything. Still a great look and I will definitely be doing these a few more times so I can perfect it.
 
 


Products Used

Face:
Yaby Liquid Foundation in Buff
Bellapierre Mineral Blush in Desert Rose

Eyes:
Elf Geometric Eyeshadow Palette 18 pc (Discontinued, but I sued pretty standard shades you can find anywhere)
Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in Bella Navy
Sumita Eyeliner in Black
Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
NYX Eyebrow Kit in Taupe

Lips:
Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick in Bare It All